Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This house is no longer a home

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

This house is no longer a home Empty
PostSubject: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:31 pm

Mike almost had to juggle between William and his keys to open the door to his house. He hoped that the boy wouldn't mind the stench of burnt coffee and pizza leftovers. He had never been inside since Mike had moved.

Inside the bedroom, Mike was about to drop William on his old hay-colored couch when, for some reason, he decided that couch was much more comfortable than his bed, and therefore he'd sleep there. He moved over and placed William on the sheets, his head landing perfectly on the pillow. "There."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:35 pm

William let out a moan at the loss of body heat. His eyes fluttered open as he stared up at Mike, a look of thanks on his face turning into one that could immediately show that he was going to be sick. Standing up and flinging his legs over the bed, William scrambled down the hallway, hoping that the first door he had come across was the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:39 pm

Mike sat on the edge of the bed, his face in his hands. "What am I doing?" He's not the same. He's one of them. He doesn't need my care or my sympathy.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Quickly turning the doorknob with shaky hands, William dashed in, pleased that he had come across what he was looking for. He threw open the toilet lid and seat as he crashed to the floor, clutching his stomach and leaning above the toilet to gag. He let out one round of sickness, yet he still felt nauseous. Knowing very well what he had to do, William stuck one of his long, graceful fingers down his throat to gag himself. As he let out a second round of vomit, tears came to his eyes from the straining he had to do to empty the contents of his stomach. Finally done, William leaned back against the wall, clutching his stomach, trembling, and gasping for air as the tears kept strolling down his cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:50 pm

After a moment of not hearing any sound, Mike started feeling anxious. It's because I can't forget how it was when we were friends, he told himself. He struggled to see William as two different beings. He couldn't be friends with a vampire.

Slowly, he walked up to the bathroom, and knocked on the door frame. "Bill? Everything alright?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:53 pm

William let out another groan as he felt another wave of sickness hitting him. Slowly moving back towards the toilet, he felt weak as he threw up the red mixture that he had been drinking earlier. Tears still rolling down his face, he collapsed right in front of the toilet; a pile of tears, sickness, the stench of alcohol, and a sense of worry.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:58 pm

Mike heard William collapse. He dashed inside the room, and panicked when he saw him on the floor. "William!" He sat down and took the boy in his arms, forgetting about all the things he had warned himself of earlier. "What's happening, William?" He was good with worrying and caring, but awful when it came to actions. He didn't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:06 pm

William kept shaking, and the tears falling from his eyes now were from him actually crying. Why did he drink that much again? He groaned and latched onto Mike, still trebling and crying.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:12 pm

"I told you to stop drinking," Mike said. It felt strange - part of him wanted to push William away, and part of him wanted to hold the boy closer. He placed an arm over his friend's shoulders and sighed. "Don't cry, okay? I...I don't know what's wrong with you, but I'm sure you'll be fine." He patted his back and realized he had forgotten how to sound convincing.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:20 am

William groaned again, this tiem only to let out a series of shakes. He trembled in Mike's arms. The worst was over, but William still felt terrible. Besides being drunk, he was still confused. He had always trusted Mike before. He had trusted Mike with everything. The only reason he hid his secret was to protect Mike because he didn't know that Mike held the knowledge he did. Now what was he supposed to do? He wanted to trust Mike, but he didn't know if he could anymore. His secret had been reveiled. He couldn't fully trust Mike anymore. He had to watch out. He didn't know if Mike would try to kill him in his sleep.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:27 am

"See? It's over now, William." Mike himself was surprised by how he had pronounced the boy's name. It wasn't cold or distant, it was - like a friend would have. The way he used to. He was worried, really, just the way he used to worry before he knew about William's activities and clan. But he kills to feed, he tried to remind himself. "Have you hunted today? Do you absolutely need to?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:41 am

Still shaking, William was only able to mutter an answer in slurred words. "I-I don't feed on them. I only hunt to recruit. When I attack, I don't drink the blood. I live off of regular things. I-I was only used for recruiting," he mumbled as he trembled.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:47 am

"You really do?" Mike figured William didn't appreciate answering the same questions twice, so he chose to believe him this time. He doesn't, but that doesn't mean he can't. "Your clan - how much did they tell you? What do you know? Every bit of information you can give me is important."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:50 am

His head still reeling, William had a hard time concentrating on what Mike was saying. "I'm only used for recruiting, so I don't know too much. All I was told was to go out every night, bring someone home, sleep with them, and then make them join our clan. It was to gather an army for some war that the enemy didn't know about. I don't know if they meant a war, or rather just a series of encounters," he said with his eyes closed tight.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:03 am

"A war," Mike repeated. So they weren't figuratively speaking. We'll fight to death. "William, you have to listen carefully to what I'm going to tell you." He cupped the boy's cheek, hoping to get him to open his eyes. "From now on you're their enemy. They'll have no pity for you. Got that? I don't want you to leave this house without me. And if something happens and they catch you, don't ever tell them anything you've heard here. Okay?" He suddenly let go of the boy's cheek and winced, a hand over his left temple. He massaged the scar under his hair with his fingers to make to pain go away. Four years and it's still the same.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:08 am

William opened his eyes to stare up at his friend, still trembling. "I-I understand," he said nodding in silence. "They can try to kill me and I won't say a word," he said. He looked up at Mike again, beginning to worry about the guitarist. He moved closer to him and stared Mike in the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:14 am

Mike wrinkled his nose and closed his eyes. The pain was making him dizzy, so he backed away from William. "The best would be not to get killed, honestly. That's why I want you near at all times. Don't do anything reckless."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 am

"O-okay," he stuttered as he stared up at Mike. "Mike, are you alright?" he asked as he sat up slowly, trying not to make himself dizzy. A look of concern and worry was plastered on his face as he stared at his friend.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:26 am

"Yeah," Mike quickly replied, not wanting to get into details. "I get - migraines," he explained. Even if you weren't a vampire, I couldn't tell you about this. I can't show you my only weakness. He rubbed the side of his head and opened his eyes. "There, almost gone." He forced a faint smile.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:31 am

William didn't believe Mike. Not at all. Collecting what remaining energy he had, he slowly moved over towards Mike, moved the guitarist's hand out of the way, and tried to find what Mike had been trying to hide. Looking closely, William caught sight of the scar. "W-What is this?" he asked in a demanding tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:39 am

Mike closed his eyes. He had asked her the same thing four years ago when he felt the cold barrel of her gun pressed against his temple. "You know what this is. It's a scar. Nothing special." He violently removed William's hand. "An accident." Misplaced trust.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:42 am

"What kind of accident?" William hissed. That wasn't just any scar. It looked as if Mike had been shot. And the place of the scar was all too familiar.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:53 am

"The kind of accident I wouldn't want to happen twice," Mike replied coldly. "Now stop asking questions. It's none of your business." Not many guys survive a bullet through the head. Right now I wish I hadn't. He got to his feet. "Go get some rest. You can take my bed, I'll sleep on the couch."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 am

William stood up slowly and staggered around. Smirking, he bagan to speak. "So you're the protector of the city. You used to be the enemy all along." William shook his head in disbelief, a smirk still on his face. Still clutching his stomach, William staggered forward. "You're the guy I wanted to leave my clan to help," he stopped staggering and waited for a response from Mike.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:02 am

Mike looked straight ahead, staring at the wall. "Come to think of it, I'll be in the living room. You should go to sleep." He walked out of the bathroom and into the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This house is no longer a home
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next