Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Showdown in No-Mans'-Land

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

Female Number of posts : 1314
Species : Human
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Empty
PostSubject: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:47 pm

Roxine sighed as she walked through the gravestones.
After her encounter with Jade in the Maegan, she suddenly wanted to be alone. The graveyard offered that, more than anywhere else Roxine could think of.
She began huming to herself quietly, as she mulled over her thoughts in her head.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

Male Number of posts : 2223
Loyalties : None
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Ryland looked down at a gravestone in disgust. Humans were so fragile, so short-lived. How had he allowed one to stab him in the city like that?
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:51 pm

Roxine frowned. She felt another presence nearby, and it wasn't one that she thought she recognised.
Rolling her eyes she drew her pocketknife from up her sleeve and turned to face her 'companion'.
So much for being alone.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Ryland turned to face her and hissed. He had expected to be alone, but he wasn't going to attack first. Not here on neutral gorund.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:55 pm

Roxine's eyes widened as soon as she realised who it was.
"You..." she hissed lowly, her eyes narrowed to slits and knuckles whitening as her grip on the knife's handle tightened.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:06 pm

"Yes me," Ryland smirked. "Who were you expecting?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:25 am

Roxine growled but didn't move. She knew better than to start a fight here...but that didn't mean they couldn't talk.
"Oh, I don't know..." she replied, trying to remain calm. Suddenly she snapped back to business. "Why are you here? Finding a place for your latest victim?" she spat.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:11 am

"I'm just taking a walk and enjoying the scenery," Ryland chuckled and looked around at the somewhat morbid setting around them.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 am

Mike didn't know where to search for Ryland. He was certain that the man would always be the one to find him; therefore he decided to take some time to stop by the graveyard. He went there often - too often, he thought; sometimes bringing flowers with him. He mechanically walked between alleys of tombstones until he found the one he had been looking for. He kneeled down to read the epitaph one more time, as if he didn't knew it by heart after four years of monthly visits. I found someone. He's not like you at all.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:33 am

Ryland's head snapped to the side and he grinned before continuing loudly, "Nice of you to join us Carden, but I hope you don't think you're two against one. I never travel alone. Don't like to put all my eggs in one basket you know."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:36 am

Mike felt a shiver run down his spine. He hadn't noticed Ryland since he was so lost in his thoughts. Help me. His eyes were still on the gravestone. "I don't want to fight. Not here. However, I'd like to talk."
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:39 am

"That's good, considering I was not expecting a battle either," Ryland smiled. "So what do you want to talk about Carden? What kind of formula you should feed a vampire baby?" He laughed.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 am

Mike clenched his teeth and turned his head to look at the man. "I want you to leave William and his child alone. I don't expect you do to this for free. I can trade, I can... What is it that you want?"
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:48 am

"So you want me to give up my first mate and my heir?" Ryland raised an eyebrow. "What could you offer me for that price?"

Last edited by on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:50 am

"Money, safety..." He thought, but nothing valuable came to mind. "You're immortal. You'll find a new mate. Leave William alone. Tell me the price and I'll see if I can afford it."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:52 am

Roxine looked back and forth between the two men, well aware that Mike probably didn't want her hearing all of this. Still, if they were on the same side then she had the right to know.
She gritted her teeth and waited, not wanting to become involved in their little spat too soon. However, she silently prayed that Mike had forgotten how she mentioned she'd known Ryland...she wasn't sure who he was more loyal to - his allies on the Resistance or the one he was trying to protect from Ryland.
If he tries to pull me into this, I'll gut them both, sacred ground or not. she thought bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:53 am

"Safety? Are you suggesting that I coud buy peace for my clan and my young vampires would be safe from the likes of you?" He smirked, sort of liking a bargain like that but not ready to commit to it.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:55 am

Roxine rolled her eyes, still not speaking up. How many brain cells had been put to work before Mike voiced that offer to Ryland? Once something was said it was said, and Roxine knew that Ryland was jsut the sort of person to take advantage of that.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:55 am

He nodded. "Yes. Your clan could avoid the war, in a sense. I could offer them - and you - protection. Under some conditions, of course."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:57 am

Her eyes widened. "NO way! Nu-uh! I object - what about our deal, Carden?" she asked angrily, glaring at both men as she rejoined the conversation at last.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:59 am

Ryland grinned. "Shhh now. The menfolk are talking." He knew it would upset Roxine if he said that.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:01 am

"Our deal was that you'd fight for me." Mike bit his lip thoughtfully. "I'm still the one in charge. If I say you don't fight, then you don't. William's safety depends on this."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:04 am

"Menfolk?!" Roxine echoed furiously. "Say that again, Blackington - I dare you to!" she raised a fist and shook it, leaving the threat open. She turned to Mike next.
"And what's this about you being in charge? All I agreed to do was fight on your side - not join this Resistance of your's - in return for you clearing up a few things!" she smirked suddenly. "And that guest you had when I came over to talk about our deal that night has a name after all, huh? William, did you say? Sounds nice."
Two can play that game, Ryland. she thought smugly, as she watched Mike for a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:07 am

Ryland sighed and stayed politely quiet so Mike could answer the girl's questions. She amused him truth be told. He wanted to know what she would do next.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:09 am

"I can't let you compromise William's safety, nor the baby's," Mike told her. You're either with me or against me. "I understand my role in this war as much as you know yours, but this is different. If you were in my position you'd do the same."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Showdown in No-Mans'-Land
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: The Graveyard-
Jump to: