Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Showdown in No-Mans'-Land

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

Female Number of posts : 1314
Species : Human
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:14 am

Roxine's eyes narrowed. "You know, Carden," she started coldly, flicking the penknife's blade away, but not pocketting the whole thing. "for someone who brags to be the City's Protector and the leader of the Resistance, you sure are making a lot of sacrifices. The Mate and heir of Ryland Blackington - vampire gang leader? Doesn't that seem just a bit hypocritical to you?" she asked, holding her thumb and forefinger up to show a small amount between them.
"Well?"
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:17 am

"They have nothing to do with Ryland. It's not like they had a choice." He glared at the man. "What about my proposition?"
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

Male Number of posts : 2223
Loyalties : None
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:18 am

"I prefer 'clan' to 'gang'." Ryland said in a bored voice. "Oh yes, show him his place Roxine. Mike needs a good talking to."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:20 am

Roxine sighed. "Must you turn everything I say so it's beneficial to you?" she asked, stamping her foot in irritation.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:22 am

Mike took his gun out of his pant and raised it at the level of Roxine's eyes. "Would you please shut up for a minute? Thank you." He looked at Ryland. "Where were we...?"
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:26 am

"Sure," Ryland waved a hand dismissively. "I'll agree to your deal. A little gun happy though aren't you Mike? It's okay I believe they have support groups for things like that."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:27 am

Roxine snickered, but remained silent, though she did stuff her spare hand into her jeans' pocket in a careless manner.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:27 am

"Very funny." He lowered his weapon. "The deal implies you don't try to contact William or his baby by any mean from now on, nor do you try to get near them. Same goes for your little assistants."
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:30 am

Ryland sighed. "You're no fun, Carden. I want to hear what the lady has to say."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:32 am

Roxine blinked at Ryland in surprise, before shrugging her shoulders. "Meh. You always were hard to predict." she muttered. She looked to Mike. "Point so much as a finger at me again and I'll introduce myself to your precious William. You've made it clear to me who comes first - William and his kid or the Resistance." she told him coldly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:35 am

You have no idea how hard this is. Mike ignored the woman, no matter how much her words angered him. "What matters is what you have to say, Blackinton."
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:38 am

"Then I say yes," Ryland sounded even less interested than before. "Will you try to stop me from taking a new mate?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:39 am

Roxine's eyes snapped to Ryland, not sure what Mike would say to this. At this thought her gaze flickered between the two for a moment, before it rested on Mike, deciding Ryland would probably wait for his reply before doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:41 am

Mike knew Ryland would change his mind about the deal if he refused. He had no choice but to accept. He was inevitably hurting someone in the process, but all he had in mind was William's safety. "I won't."
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:42 am

"Good," Ryland strode over to Mike and held out his hand. "We have a deal then."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:43 am

Mike reluctantly shook the vampire's hand, disgusted by his own deal. William wouldn't agree to this.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:44 am

Roxine smirked despite herself, despite her better judgement, and despite everything her instincts were screaming - she was in the company of two dangerous men, neither of whomshe completely understood, trusted or liked.
"No place like a graveyard to talk about the fates of others." she joked.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:46 am

"Exactly right. Maybe I should choose you for my next mate," Ryland joked. He knew she was much too spirited for the position.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:47 am

Roxine shot him a glare despite picking up the humor in his voice. "Over your dead body." she replied flatly, before turning on tail adn walking out.
So much for that head-clearing walk.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:48 am

Mike sighed and turned around to leave, but first addressed Roxine. "Tell your girls to stay clear of Ryland's clan." He walked away from them. William will hate me if he learns about this.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:49 am

Roxine's first reply was a loud snort of laughter. "I thought I made it clear, Mr Carden!" she called over her shoulder. "Our deal is done!"
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 8:51 am

"Should have secured the girls' safety too Carden. Smart move," Ryland smirked and started walking away.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Blackinton
Vampire Leader
Vampire Leader
Ryland Blackinton

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:14 am

Ryland smiled and stopped suddenly. Turning in the direction of Carden's house he took off that way. "Forget the Meagan. Something fun's about to happen and I don't want to miss seeing it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showdown in No-Mans'-Land   Showdown in No-Mans'-Land - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Showdown in No-Mans'-Land
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: The Graveyard-
Jump to: