Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leading Lambs

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Leading Lambs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:09 pm

Mike's eyes widened. He just couldn't believe it. "You're crazy. You're just fucking crazy, William. What happened to the man who wanted me to help him raise Ryland's children? Now you don't even care about the ones we had together. You don't care about me at all." Joshua started crying in Mike's arms. "You said you wanted to fight by my side. Heck, I don't see you putting up a fight right now.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:14 pm

Wiliam turned around to face Mike, both anger and sorrow in his eyes. "You know what?! I've just come to the realization that we lost both of our children back there, and you just walked off, thinking it was fucking alright!" he shook his head, his hair hiding his tears. "I'm fucking tired of this! You only pay attention to Sisky and her child, and when you do pay attention to your other children, it's only when it's an emergency!" He sobbed nearly quietly as he spoke. "Don't you dare say that I don't fucking care about you! It's a fucking lie!" he was nearly yelling by then. "I left with you because I thought I could believe you; I thought I could trust you to not toy with me like everyone else. But I guess I was wrong...," he said, falling to his knees from exhaustion and the cold.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Joshua was crying louder and louder, and Mike couldn't find the strenght to take care of him. "Who said I gave up! What, you had a better idea, maybe? What were you going to do, beg him to hand them back? Let him have his way with you again? You left me with nothing and I still went to get you out of another mess you managed to get yourself into." He kneeled down on the frozen ground. "And you still have the guts to say I'm not entirely devoted to you? You've got me wrapped around your finger, William. It was that way when we were in a band, and it's still the same now. I do everything I can, and I've never known better. I've never been loved. Not once. Don't expect me to know how to deal with a family all of a sudden. I want this more than anything, and I want it with you, but I can't do miracles."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:13 pm

"That means that you'd technically have two families. And you chose to pay more attention to the child you said you wouldn't raise," he whispered, his eyes wide as he stared at the pavement. All of a sudden, he wretched, spilling his own blood on the ground in front of himself.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Joshua stopped crying, only sobbing quietly. His eyes widened at the sight of blood, only before he screamed and cried louder than he had been earlier. Mike tried his best to calm him down but it wasn't effective at all. His attention turned to William, but his voice was nothing more than a whisper. "I only want you...I only ever wanted you and our family, our children..."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:32 pm

William's hands tried to grip onto the gravel as a spell of dizziness overcame him. He closed his eyes, feeling as if he were falling and couldn't be stopped. His good hand went over to Mike's knee as he tried to kee balance.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Mike had to put his child down, despite his screaming, to help William. He took the man's forearm. "William, let's forget about this. Come back home with me. I need you. Our babies do." His hands were shaking.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:43 pm

William's arm trembled slightly. He was unable to hold himself up since his other arm was broken. He forward slightly, eyes still closed. His good hand reached for Mike's.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:51 pm

Mike brought the hand to his lips, kissing it. He wrapped his arms safely around William to hold him. "I love you, William. We can still make this right. I refuse to give up on you."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:54 pm

William shifted slightly, revealing he large knife lodged in his back. The handle gently touched Mike's arm as William fell forward, still breathing. He could hear the smirking vampire running off in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:11 pm

Mike's hands released William. He stared at the wound and knife, unsure of how to react. "William...?" His hand slowly moved to touch the man's cheek. "Bill..."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:13 pm

William opened his eyes, a small, sad smile on his lips. "I love you," he whispered, hair covering his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Mike's hands trembled. "Please, don't say it like that..." He pushed a strand of the boy's hair away from his eyes, and stared into them with tears in his own.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:30 pm

William still had the small smile on his lips. He fell a little lower. "Tell them that I loved them too," he whispered again.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:36 pm

Mike shook his head. "No, I won't have to. You'll tell them yourself, William. I'll bring you to Butcher, he's going to fix this..." He sobbed. "It's just a tiny wound, you've had worse..."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:38 pm

William shrugged, unable to determine anything other than that the knife had ended up near the area around his heart. Luckily, it wasnt long enough to harm any vital organs. Soon enough, his eyes closed, and he fell unconscious, falling into Mike's arms slowly,
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:47 pm

"William?" Mike said again. His first thought was to check the man's pulse. When he felt it, almost non existent yet still there, he lifted the vampire in his arms and kissed him on every inch of the pale skin he could see. "You're still alive," he whispered. "You're still all mine." He took his screaming child and hid him under his shirt before tugging the piece of clothing inside his pants, the only way he could think of carrying both people back home. He stood up and held William, ready to get back home.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:51 pm

William fell limp in Mike's arms, his broken arm hanging off to the side in a grotesque manner.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:54 pm

Thinking Mikey would hate him forever if he requested Butcher's help once more, Mike decided that it was better to simply go home. Joshua kicked his stomach and wailed when he started walking.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 3:56 pm

William's eyes opened only slightly on the walk home. They were hidden by his hair, his face eclipsed in darkness.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:04 pm

A few of Mike's tears probably fell on William. He whispered to him although he was certain the man couldn't hear - he needed to keep in mind he was still alive. "You're lucky you didn't die, otherwise I would have been mad at you forever." He sniffled. "Leaving me alone like that, what were you thinking? I'm nothing without you."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:07 pm

William slipped between the verge of conscious and unconscious. He could feel his son kicking Mike, and he could hear the small child screaming even louder than before. He snuggled closer to Mike, both for the security of knowing that he was with Mike, and to try and calm his child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leading Lambs   Leading Lambs - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leading Lambs
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: Meagan-
Jump to: